Weight Loss Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

We All Have Shitty Days

So, I'm trying to keep up with this whole blogging thing. It holds me somewhat accountable for things and a few people have even mentioned that they enjoy reading it. I don't really have a lot to say today since I'm trying to keep this blog positive, but in order to also keep it real, I figured I couldn't just write on my happy days. Today is NOT a happy day. I woke up this morning and my back is twinging a little. There is nothing that can ruin my day like my back hurting. I get almost paralyzed with fear that if I do anything, it will go out and I'll be incapacitated for a week again. For anyone that has a bad back, you know what I'm talking about. For those that don't, consider yourself lucky! I also stepped on the scale last night and low and behold, I've gained about 5 pounds. Add in a horrendous morning at work and I am just feeling less than stellar about EVERYTHING. I keep trying to remind myself that we all have days like this...the kind that make you find the negative in every little thing that happens. Alas, I can only remind myself so many times. When it's your very own shitty day, it's hard to see past it and appreciate the good. Days like this I bombard myself with all of my mom's silly cliches that annoy me so much..."it could always be worse." " Everything happens for a reason." "God won't give you more than you can handle." Well, I know it could be worse. And tell me mom, what is the reason?? I can't think of one. And lastly, God has a lot more faith in me than I have in myself because I really feel like I'm at my breaking point. (I'm sure at this point you're wishing I would just stick to the postitive posts!)

So today, today is a shitty day. I hope I wake up tomorrow to a much less shitty day. But for today, I'm putting my nose to the grindstone at the office. I've made it through other horrible days here...and I know I'll have more. Then I'm going to hit the gym and see Jason, which almost always perks me up. And then I'm going home...and I'm going to open that bottle of wine in the fridge and have a glass and toast my shitty day...and then shut the door on it and not look back.

What do you do when you have a horribly awful, no good day?

2 comments:

  1. To be honest, I like to take a nap. I push out all the thoughts and nap. That way, when I wake up it is like a new day starting early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not very religious, but I would say that one thing you've said is for sure, God does have a lot of faith in you. I have back problems as well and know the pain and limitations it bring. Messed mine up at work many years ago lifting something I had no business lifting. I definitely feel your pain and I know that twinge of which you speak.

    On the weight gain, I have said this before, a scale is a poor judge of getting in shape. When you are working out, you will gain muscle, which weighs more than fat, so at first, you will be all over the place with weight. As you replace fat with muscle, there may be times when the scale goes the other way. Mine read 352 three days ago, reads 345 today. Ebb and flow. Just accept the gain and move on, it'll likely go down in a day or three. Bodies are weird that way.

    When I have a bad day, I like to listen to uplifting music, dance music, classical music, stuff that either calms, soothes or makes me want to just move. Entertainment for my brain. Take my mind off things and let it move on. Certain things are within our control, others are not. The only thing you control in all situations is your perspective. Choose to be happy. Choose to be awesome every day. Then, even on a bad day, you are still awesome, the day is just crappy.

    This too shall pass, some days like a kidney stone, but it shall pass. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete