Weight Loss Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, December 10, 2012

It's a Bump in the Road....Not a Dead End.

So I've hit a bump in the road. A big, scary bump. I worked out yesterday and a few hours later, my back was flaring up. Anyone that knows me knows I have a bad back. Recently it's started acting up more than ever. This year I've missed two whole weeks of work because I couldn't get out of bed, use the restroom without issues, stand long enough to shower, etc. So yesterday I took it easy, took Advil to help with any inflammation, and took two hot, hot baths. I was so hoping that I would wake up this morning and it would be better, I have boot camp today and I wanted to go. But, instead I'm spending my afternoon at the chiropractor and then on an ice pack. I am so completely and utterly bummed. I am doing all of this work in the hopes that my back will stop having issues! It's such a catch-22. I actually think I know what might be the cause of my problem, so I'm starting by eliminating that. Unfortunately, that means no biking. I think the movement is causing issues with my hips...which are the cause of all of my back problems to begin with. I hadn't ridden the bike in awhile because my back was still hurting when I got it and I noticed it got a little worse each time I used it. So, I guess I'll have to get my butt out of the house and drive to the gym and use the treadmill next time. I just have to keep going at it. This is just a bump in the road...not a dead end. So, dear readers, wish me luck today and no pain tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear. Take it easy for a day or three at least. Just do the best that you're able to. Walking will actually help build those muscles, so if you can do the treadmill without too much trouble, that will not only keep those calories burning, but also help you build support muscle. As a fellow back problem sufferer, I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete