Weight Loss Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, June 2, 2012

I'm The Fluff (Not to be confused with fluffer)

Getting back at this after a really long break, and I'm already a day behind! I really have been thinking about the blog prompt for yesterday, June 1st for several days now. From my lovely sister, Kristen, with what fictional character do you most identify, and why? I keep coming back to my own blog from last winter, and I get stuck. I have always completely related to Bridget Jones, When I read the book, parts of it were scarily like reading my own life...right down to her debating which underpants to wear.
Her desperate longing for love and the security of a relationship almost makes me uncomfortable because I know I shouldn't need a man in my life, and I'm certain I could get by without one, but it nags at me...that longing for my "other half." 
Not to mention her "total life change" when things go wrong. I do this once a week practically...ask anyone that knows me. I've always got a plan to make life better...fix all the stuff that's wrong, etc. Throw in her constant stream of embarrassing mishaps, and you've got me. 
Granted, read almost any fluffy chick lit and you'll find me hidden somewhere in the character. Usually not even hidden all that well. I am fluffy chick lit. I'm not all that deep when it comes to matters of politics, religion, equality, etc. I'm fluff, and I'm okay with it. I think everyone needs a little fluff around to lighten the mood!



1 comment:

  1. I love Bridget Jones, how can you help but love her, she's funny and honest and real, and so are you.

    ReplyDelete