Weight Loss Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 8, 2011

December 8: Berrrry Intewesting

Why blog? Why do you or why do you like to blog (recognizing that these are not always the same thing)? Courtesy of my fantastically awesome sister, Kristen.

As I'm sure you have figured out by now, I probably need therapy. I have all kinds of issues and hang-ups. I like to think of them as personality quirks, but if I'm completely realistic, I know my head could use a little shrinking. Instead of letting some little weasel wearing glasses, smoking a pipe and wearing a cardigan force me to lay on a couch and tell him all of my deepest and darkest secrets while he says, "um hmm" and "berrrrryyy intewesting," I prefer to spill it out to all of you.

I've been thinking about blogging for a long time. I've read my sister's blog and Kassie's blog. I've talked about it with my sister, but could never come up with a reason. Why would anyone want to read what I have to say? What would I have to say? Would anyone ever read? Would I have to hold back so as not to hurt feelings?  So when the opportunity to participate in a month long blogging extravaganza with a bunch of people that I mostly don't know, I thought, well, now is my chance. May as well try it out.

It's been awesome. I've loved writing. I've loved reading. I've loved commenting. And most of all (because I love validation in all forms) I've loved reading your comments on what I say.

1 comment: