Weight Loss Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Year's Goals Check In #1-I'm in a Slump

I'm in a bit of a slump. It's been a little over a week since I've been to they gym. First I was letting life get in the way, and now, I'm sick and don't have the energy. I am really hoping this sinus thing is a quick healer, because I do not want to lose the progress I've already made and I am ready to make more progress. It's also causing me to be incredibly lazy about my food choices and getting things done around the house. All in all, being sick is a real motivation killer. I am hoping that I have the energy to ignore it this afternoon because I have a piece of furniture that needs spray painting and it is going to be a perfect 50 degrees outside.
Up until Sunday evening (the night said sinus devils infiltrated my head), I was actually doing pretty good about getting stuff done at home. I have been keeping my sink shiny and clean, keeping up with the dishes and even keeping my laundry done, and put away. Now, I've had a load of clean laundry in the dryer for two days, and a dishwasher full of clean dishes that need to be put away, but I just want to sleep when I'm at home. I'm giving myself a bit of a break because I do want to get over this, not get worse, or have it last forever. So tonight, I'll go home and paint that chair, and then crawl into my pj's, warm up a big bowl of chicken noodle soup (that I made last night-so I guess I did something), and sit in my big chair under a big blanky and rest.
What do you do when you're sick to feel better? Does it totally mess up your routine?

1 comment:

  1. Give yourself a bit off, you are sick. Best to conserve energy for fighting off The Ick. For me, I usually will just sleep a day away if I'm sick, most times though it's business as usual, even when sick.

    ReplyDelete