Weight Loss Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 27, 2012

See Ya Next Year...ha. ha. ha. ha.

Oh my. One of my least favorite things about this time of year. People just LOVE to say, see you next year. And they all think it's funny. Even if I've heard it 13 times that day, they seem to think that they are the only person on the planet original enough to come up with it. I still laugh. It's part of my job, but man oh man. I fight the eye roll.
One of my most favorite things about this time of year is that in 4 days we all get a fresh start! It's a shiny new year! Time to grab life by the horns and do all the things that we have ever dreamed of! Granted, in about 15 days, 80% of us will have given up on one or all of our resolutions. Or maybe you're like me, and anti-resolution? Well, normally I am, but this year, rather than calling them resolutions, I'm calling them goals. Resolutions are such a flash in the pan. Goals sound much more...um...solid. So without further adieu, I share with you my GOALS FOR 2013 (Sharing them means I need you guys to check in with me from time to time to make sure that I'm achieving my goals!)

1. Continue with my getting fit plan. The last couple of weeks haven't been so great. I've not been to the gym much at all really. I am still so good at making excuses for reasons to not go. I need to stop with the excuses. My goal for 2013 is to get in a workout 4 days a week on average. Sometimes I may get on a roll and get in 5 or 6, and sometimes, I may feel like utter pooh and only get in one. But I'd like to do physical activity 208 of the 365 days of 2013.

2. Get better about my eating. I'm already doing better....most of the time...but I have a long way to go. I need to avoid the siren song of McDonald's and their damn breakfast burritos. They are just so good and so easy and so warm on the cold mornings we've been having. Yes, boys and girls, you read it here first...I am back to my burrito habit. It's the only time I eat fast food which is a VAST improvement over me from about 2 months ago, but it's not where I want to be yet. I want to not want the damn things. I want to WANT to cook...to get up 20 minutes early so I can eat a good healthy breakfast before I leave for work.

3. Speaking of work. I am ready to move on. I've been in my current position for 8 years, and I've officially hit a big brick wall. I can't learn anything else from this job, I can't move up, I can't take on new responsibilities. I can just keep coming in and doing the same dreaded work every day. I am bored to tears with my position, and I find that that is never a good thing. So, even though I've always perused job postings and even applied here and there for one that sounds interesting, in 2013 I am going to really amp up the job search. I am going to figure out what it is that I want to do...what I could feel a little passionate about...and I am going to persue it with wild abandon. And hopefully, something will come to fruition for me.

4. Continue to work on my finances. In 2012, I got everything paid current. It was the best feeling in the world. In 2013, I'm trying to pay things down. I don't have any credit cards...thank goodness...but I have my mortgage and my car payment, and I'm adding a little bit to each payment to help get them paid down a little faster. It's not a lot, but it's something. And if I just calculate it as part of my payment, I'll never miss it. I also want to build up my savings this year. I have never had an emergency fund, and that is just NOT OKAY. So I'm starting small. $50 a paycheck for now, but hoping to build to closer to $150 a check soon. I want to have something to fall back on if I ever need it. I don't want to ask my mom for help all the time.

5. Last, I am going to really get settled into my house. I have plans to finish off various rooms and I'm going to follow through with them. Some just require a little elbow grease and some paint. Some need to be completely refurnished. Either way, I'd like to get going on them and quit living in disarray!

So, what are your goals for 2013? Or are you a fan of resolutions? I hope you all have a very happy new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment