Weight Loss Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Working on me.

Ugh how I have failed miserably at the reverb broads blogging! It is making it even harder to get back to blogging because I prefer to run away from things I've failed at. Well, not this time. So here goes...time for this fantabulous lady to fess up to all the reasons that I've failed at blogging.
1. Boy troubles. They suck. They are a bitch. And they happen. I haven't had a successful relationship in my life. Unfortunately, I'm still on that path. My love still is there for a certain someone, but he has some things he has to resolve before I'm willing to just pass my heart back to him. Hoping for good things in 2012, because it has caused more than a few tears in 2011!
2. Work issues. I keep trying to love my job. It pays well, and I have a lot of freedom as far as what hours I work and time off, but I get little satisfaction from it. It's not something that makes me feel like I'm challenging myself to be the best me i can be. Still don't know what to do about this one other than keep my eyes peeled for positions that intrigue me.
3. The big one....I've spent this month focused on ME! Figuring out what I want and need out of life. A huge part of this is my new physical activity. I'm not dieting. I'm not aiming to lose weight. I just don't want to huff and puff just from carrying in the groceries! I've found a walking buddy/therapist whom I walk with three times a week. She's an amazing woman. So positive. She mutes a lot of the negative in me...makes me want to see more of the good in life. And my friend got a job as a personal trainer. I'm one of his guinea pigs. He's killing me, but it is awesome! Muscles I haven't felt in years HURT! I've only got a couple of more weeks to work with him, so I've focused a lot of my energy on that.
Being a part of this lovely group of ladies has been awesome....I feel like I let everyone down by not writing more, but I'm guessing and hoping that you can all understand that I had to do a little me first time!
I wish you all a happy and healthy new year!

4 comments:

  1. Again I say, blog or no blog, I'm damn proud of you for all the strides you've made in becoming a healthier you lately. You're inspiring - to me and others. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't make me cry! I'm doing this all for me...it's selfish, not inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not selfish to take care of your own needs and health. If it benefits you it probably benefits everyone around you too! And certainly don't beat yourself up for not blogging. There are no rules here. You decide how often you feel like writing. Just you. I'm just glad you let us read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not that I'm anyone's model of health, but I find it's much, much easier to focus on being healthy and active and being able to carry groceries rather than losing weight. So go forth and be active.

    ReplyDelete