Weight Loss Tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Post Entitled "Goals" or "Keri's Lack of Goals"

When I started blogging again back in January, I had all of these goals. Things I wanted to do. Things I wanted to accomplish. I had them all nicely laid out, but never did lay out plans to achieve them. Sure, I said I would work out more, give up fast food and just eat better. I'd stop spending money on frivolous things. I'd complete projects on my house. I did make a little progress. I haven't had a Diet Coke since November. I cleaned out my basement. I planted a garden. I've been paying almost all of my bills on time. But I've also had setbacks. I missed the bubbles of my morning DC, so now I drink Big Red instead. A bajillion calories, but very little caffeine and no aspartame. So I gave up one evil for a new evil. (Seriously though....a girl can only drink so much water!) You get the idea.
My favorite sharable!
So this morning I was having a talk with my sister, Kristen, about weight loss. She's doing really well on some horrible sounding diet thing she and Sean are doing. I know myself and I love eating food too much to stick to something like that!
Om nom nom.
Just talking about it made me realize something. I've been trying to accomplish the goals that I THINK I should want instead of the stuff I really want. Honestly, I don't care if I'm a size 8. Guess what, I wear a size 24 right now. Do I want to stay a 24 forever? Not really. Shopping for clothes is a pain at this size. Would I be HAPPY if I lost two sizes and had more energy? Yes. I would. Why have I made myself feel like such a failure and let everything be a setback just because I am not a size 8? I don't know. I can blame a whole lot of things, I suppose, but that doesn't do me any good. I think I'd rather focus my energies on reprogramming my head. So now for a little change in goals...I still want to start working out. I want to walk 4 or 5 days a week and do a little strength training a couple of days a week. Whatever size I get to from doing that is where I want to be. That will be my happy size. Because I don't want to give up enjoying food and drink and social time with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment